Russian Rail Online
Real Russian Train Journeys!
For many Russians, train is the only practical and cost effective method of travelling within a country that spans eleven time zones and two continents. For foreign travellers, it is a unique way to view the grandeur of Russia and experience real Russia and its people first hand.
As a fully licensed, bonded specialist tour operator with direct contracts with the Russian Railways, Real Russia can obtain your Russian rail tickets and have these delivered to the UK, within Russia or anywhere in the world. As you would expect, our service is on-line, trackable, competitively priced and managed to the highest standards.
We can help with single, return or multi-leg journeys within Russia, classic journeys such as the Trans-Siberian and also with journeys involving European countries that border or have direct rail links with Russia such as Finland, Poland or the Ukraine.
To start planning your classic journey click on one of the links below.
Frequently asked questions.
What is the difference between the ticket classes?
Generally there are three different ticket classes for overnight or long distance trains, these are:
1. First class, a private cabin with two separate beds, a small table and a luggage storage area.
2. Second class, a four berth private cabin with two sets of bunk beds, a small table and a luggage storage area.
3. Third class, an open carriage with up to 50 “shelves” for sleeping.
You may also on certain trains opt for “with services” – this means that you will have bedding prepared for you, a meal in your cabin and on some routes free alcoholic and soft drinks.
In some cases, women travelling alone prefer to be in the third class rather than in a private compartment with strangers.
How does it work?
Getting your train tickets through Russian Travel and Tours is a simple four step process:
1. Select the type of journey from one the options above
2. Enter the details about your trip
Our system will then search the live Russian Railways database and present the results to you with available trains, tickets and current prices.
3. Select the trains and ticket types you want from the results of available trains
4. Enter the passenger and delivery details.
You may then securely pay using a range of options including online, by phone, fax, bank transfer and cheque.
We will then book your tickets and arrange for the delivery. It’s that simple!